Surrounding myself in lush green goodness was a great way to spend my Saturday morning. Located on Mt Tam in CA’s Marin County, Muir Woods National Monument is a mile long stretch of paved road and boardwalks alongside tall Redwood trees.
We arrived close to 9:30am on a Saturday morning, and the parking lots already full so we resorted to parking a mile-ish down from the entrance.
Some things to keep in mind:
- Muir Woods is undoubtedly crowded. Try to plan a visit on a weekday if possible, or either very early/ very late on the weekends. Parking fills up fast.
- Take a shuttle if to skip parking struggles, 5 dollars round trip.
- Entrance fee is $10 per person
- There is no cell reception (my friend wanted to play Pokemon Go — that didn’t work out)
- No eating allowed on the main trail. Saw groups with bags of food only to…
View original post 404 more words